Milking & Marketing
- Ensure cleanliness in the milking place.
- Clean the udder with lukewarm water and dry with udder towel, strip milk on strip cup to check on mastitis and after milking dip the teats in teat dip solution to prevent infection.
- Milk the doe twice each morning and evening on regular schedule.
- When milking squeeze the teat down and avoid pulling the teat.
- Strain the milk through a filter or cloth into a clean container to remove any hair or dirt that could have fallen into the milk.
- Measure and record the amount of milk produced every time.
Marketing of goats milk
- If the milk is to be sold raw its important to package it depending on your customers.
- There is a ready market for goats milk in various hospitals
- Prices range from Kshs.60-100 per litre
- Value addition on goat’s milk can be done to produce yoghurt, and cheese
- Goats milk can also be pasteurised