Attributes of Guinea Fowl:
The following are some of the attributes,
- They are basically grazers but generally feed on a wide range of materials. They feed on grain, insects such as ticks and cricket, wide range of vegetables and kitchen leftovers.
- Have a higher productive life than domestic chicken of 4-5 years. This is about twice that of chicken.
- Amenability to flock management; These birds are fairly easy to manage in flocks.
- Though they share a number of diseases with poultry, they suffer less loses making them easier to rear them along side domestic poultry
- They are highly sensitive and extremely protective birds. They make high peached sound in case of intrusion making them good leaders in protecting domestic stock from strangers and predators.
- They are of great aesthetic value because of their attractive plumage.