Tomato is one of the most highly consumed vegetable in Kenya.
It is grown for fresh market, processing and export market.
The information covered here includes:
- Ecological Requirements
- Tomato Varieties
- Husbandry practices
- Pests and nutrients disorders
- Harvesting and Post Harvest Handling
- Marketing, Gross margin and Value addition
Other sources of information
- For market information contact: Ministry of Agriculture – Marketing Division; KACE.
- For detailed gross margin and profitability contact: Ministry of Agriculture – Agribusiness Division.
- On recommended chemicals contact: Pest Control and Produce Board, Agrochemical Association of Kenya and Registered Agrovets.
- On soil analysis contact: Kenya Soil Survey – KARI.