Harvesting & Post Harvesting
- Depending on the variety maturity is attained between 65 to 110 days after transplant.
- Fresh market fruits should be harvested when slightly ripe.
- Processing fruits should be harvested ripe.
- Average yields is 20 -120 tons per Ha depending on variety and management.
Post harvest handling
- Fresh market fruits should be graded according to size that is small, medium and large (…add sizes)
- Pack fruits in wooden or plastic crates and deliver to the market immediately or store at temperature range of 6 – 13 degrees C depending on the stage of ripeness.